Product Design LeadApply
Workvivo is transforming the future of work by creating a digital experience that brings workplace culture to life. We are committed to our customers, obsessed with improving employees working lives and driven by results. We practice our core values of Commitment, Professionalism, Loyalty, Innovation and Playfulness every day.
Workvivo and our product mindset
We’ve built a great product, but we have lofty ambitions. To take it to the next level and beyond we know we need some of the best product and design talent out there. People who are truly passionate about product and design, and understand what it takes to create a leading and innovative SaaS product.
We’re not just building a product, we’re trying to shape an industry and redefine the employee digital workplace. We did say it was lofty, right?
The Product Design Lead role is an important role for us, and it offers a unique challenge and opportunity. We are at the start of building something special, and this role is critical in helping to create the culture, discipline, and ways of working of Product at Workvivo.
We need someone who can help build out, shape and coach a team of designers, while at the same time being happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in with the product teams as required. It's a Player-Coach type role, at least as we scale out. The successful candidate will join a team of highly motivated people on a mission to improve the working lives of employees everywhere.
- Own and develop the product design processes, from leading research into our customers, to ideation sessions, to producing low and then hi-fidelity mock-ups.
- Build, mentor and coach a team of talented designers, and demonstrate the team’s work in weird and wonderful ways.
- Move quickly to build strong and compelling user journeys, experience maps and visual designs for your product areas.
- Work with the product management function to bring a deep understanding to the product team of our users and customers.
- Collaborate closely with a cross functional team to build delightful and innovative products for our customers for your product areas.
- Work with the Director of Product to help shape the Product culture and ways of working and suggest improvements to methodologies and processes aligned with modern product thinking.
What we’re looking for
- A few years of demonstrated product design leadership on technology-powered products, with a proven record of driving customer impact through great design.
- Experience partnering with engineers, product managers, and product leaders, and leading productive design sessions and discussions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Can help to create a strong shared vision for the future of Workvivo, in alignment with the company’s goals.
- Experience mentoring and guiding other product designers, and helping them to fulfil their potential.
- Thinks about accessibility and inclusivity in every design.
- Someone who will be an internal champion for product design, demonstrating its value across the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly articulate your designs, and justify and defend your decisions and that of your team with data and reasoning.
- A desire to move quickly and work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to be nimble and adaptable.
- A growth mindset, being open to pushing yourself on things you may be a little uncomfortable with, but which will help you grow and reach your potential.
- A sense of humour and fun! We try to be a fun bunch.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. This is a full-time, salaried position that can be fully remote.