Healthy communication among employees is absolutely crucial for any business that wants to survive. According to The State of Business Communication 2023 report by Grammarly Business, the top impacts of poor communication are hindered productivity and lost business – two things you don’t want to experience.
But you likely already know that establishing solid employee communication habits is easier said than done. Factors such as cultural differences, poor attitudes, or lack of trust can all pose a challenge. Lacking the right tools to facilitate communication is another major issue, particularly for remote or hybrid teams – and that’s where employee communication apps or platforms come in.
In this blog post, we’ll cover the best employee communication apps on the market that can help your business. Here, we cut through the clutter to provide the facts on seven of the highest-quality choices available. Take a look and discover your new favorite app to level up internal communication.
Workvivo’s easy-to-use platform simplifies internal communication and drives engagement with powerful tools like a campaign manager, content calendar, chat, live streaming, podcasts, push notifications, and ‘read and acknowledge’ for crisis communications.
Designed to enhance internal communication and the overall employee experience, Workvivo is a great fit for mid-market and enterprise teams looking to connect and engage their frontline and desktop employees.
And this market-leading communication app will also help you boost productivity by integrating with your favorite tools – including Zoom, Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft 365, and more.
Want to learn more about how Workvivo can benefit you and your employees? Request a demo and see for yourself how Workvivo can function as the digital heart of your organization.
- Employee recognition tools to celebrate achievements by implementing fun and meaningful rewards like badges, shout-outs, and awards, creating a positive and motivating work environment
- Open and transparent communication channels between management and employees, with a range of interactive tools like surveys, polls, personalized activity feeds, emoji reactions, community spaces, news articles, and even live streaming
- Powerful analytics capabilities that track and measure employee engagement metrics, providing valuable insights for effective performance management and data-driven decision-making
- Align employees to your vision and values and easily tag those values to posts when giving a shout-out or announcing a new initiative.
Workvivo boasts 40+ integrations, including:
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive)
- Microsoft 365 (Teams, Outlook, Calendar, Azure, OneDrive)
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
Plus, HR integrations allow employees to see and request time off, check time off balances, and get notified of new payslips. These integrations include but are not limited to, Personio, Workday, HiBob, BambooHR, and much more.
- Request a demo to discuss the ideal solution for your organization!
Most employees are likely already familiar with Zoom, a platform that’s widely used for video calls and meetings.
But Zoom’s capabilities go beyond simple video connection. Other key features include video recording and transcripts, a VoIP phone system (which lets you make voice calls over the Internet), an online whiteboard, connected conference rooms, and spaces for webinars and community events. Plus, you’ll find over 2,500 apps in the App Marketplace that you can use to further streamline team calls and communication.
This cloud-based video and communication service provides a lot of great features for teams looking to connect.
- Zoom Events to help you host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences (like a webinar or conference)
- Conference room systems and workspaces
- Out-of-the-box integrations and APIs.
- Asana Chat
- Google Drive
- Now Virtual Agent
- AI Notetaker
- PitchHub Teleprompter
- Welo Visual Breakouts
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $149.90 per user per year
- Business: $199.90 per user per year
- Business Plus: $250 per user per year
- Enterprise: Custom quote
Slack is a popular communication app that’s widely used as a messaging platform for business. It allows teams to collaborate with others (both internal teams and teams from other companies) using features like Channels and Huddles.
While Slack is easy to use, it sometimes glitches, lags, or restarts, and users would like more customization options. Slack is a good choice if your company needs help with digital organization – easily sharing and locating files and other information.
- Organize information using Channels
- Automate your workflow with just a few clicks
- Collaborate with your team in Huddles.
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Free plan: $0 per month
- Pro: $7.25 per user per month
- Business+: $12.50 per user per month
- Enterprise Grid: Custom quote
SnapComms is an internal communications app that helps keep staff informed, engaged, and motivated. This multi-channel communication software engages employees on desktop, mobile, and digital signage.
Pre-made message templates make it easy to quickly send out a message blast, and SnapComms says that bypassing email eliminates message fatigue. The SnapComms app also emulates the format of a social media platform, making it more engaging for employees to browse through updates and news.
SnapComms doesn’t have a free version, and reviewers also say the mobile interface could use some updating, and that the advanced options can be overwhelming.
- Get employees’ attention using unique message formats and targeting features
- Access to a library of over 60 ready-written message templates
- App is concise, searchable, and easy to use.
- Microsoft Teams
- Inform: $9 per employee per year
- Engage: $14 per employee per year
RingCentral is an all-in-one system for phone calls, team messaging, and video conferencing. Touted as the world’s most advanced cloud phone system, RingCentral lets you access phone, SMS, fax, messaging, and video meeting capabilities.
These cloud-based communication solutions allow your organization to stay on top of projects and feel connected no matter where in the world your employees are.
RingCentral comes with over 330 ready-to-use integrations. You’re also getting access to an AI-powered contact center, native integrations with Microsoft Teams, and unlimited team messaging – all secure, private, and reliable.
- Cloud phone system with unlimited domestic calling
- Team messaging, file sharing, and unlimited audio and video conferencing
- Real-time business analytics.
- Microsoft 365
- Google Workspace
- Core: $20 per user per month
- Advanced: $25 per user per month
- Ultra: $35 per user per month
ContactMonkey, an internal communications email software known for its Outlook and Gmail integrations, is another popular app that can help improve your corporate communications.
To use the platform, you’ll get started by using the drag-and-drop email builder to design an email. Then reach your entire organization via the Outlook and Gmail integrations, and enable a two-way conversation with real-time employee feedback.
In addition to emails, Contact Monkey offers employee SMS text messaging, too. You also have the ability to measure corporate communications so you can optimize employee messaging.
- Send HTML emails to employees through Outlook or Gmail
- SMS text messaging
- OpenAI ChatGPT3 Integration generates email features in seconds.
- Azure Active Directory
- Essential: Price available on request
- Plus: Price available on request
- Enterprise: Price available on request
You might be familiar with ClickUp as a productivity tool, but this cloud-based platform is a great way to improve employee communications, too.
Communication is a huge part of project management. And with ClickUp, you can handle all project-related communications in the same place, cutting down on time and complexity. Assign action items, gather feedback, or send a quick Chat message to keep everyone up-to-date. You can even send and receive emails without leaving ClickUp!
ClickUp’s dashboard is somewhat cluttered and not always intuitive to use. The amount of notifications can also get overwhelming. But this communication app is a great tool if you’re looking for organization and customization capabilities.
- Communicate using Chat within a workspace
- Tag individuals or teams to mention them directly
- Assign tasks or projects to people
- Set up team meetings.
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Teams
- Amazon Alexa
- Free Forever: $0 per month
- Unlimited: $5 per user per month
- Business: $12 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom quote
Streamline employee communication with Workvivo
It’s clear that having the right communication tools in place is a must to help your employee engagement and business growth improve. For best results, find an intranet (internal communication tools) that includes a mobile app so all of your team members will have a ready-made, deskless communication platform.
There are dozens of messaging apps out there to help with your team communication. But at the end of the day, Workvivo is one of the best employee apps to elevate your company culture and employee experience. Use Workvivo’s instant messaging, activity feed, and other features to streamline workplace communication for your team.
Ready to see how Workvivo can smooth out communications within your organization? Get started with a demo today!