From Day One - Atlanta
24 Jan 2024
Regional Sales Director
Venue: Georgia Aquarium - - 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Featured Speaking Session
3:45 PM - 4:30 PM - Creating an Inclusive Dialogue With Workers About New Technology (Panel)
- Breakfast (08.30AM - 9.30AM)
- Pacific Ocean Opening Remarks (9.30AM - 9.35AM)
- Pacific Ocean A Word From The Title Sponsor (10.30AM - 11.00AM)
Kristy McCann, CEO, SkillCycle
- Pacific Ocean Preparing the Students of Today to Lead the Fortune 500 Tomorrow (9:40AM - 10.00AM)
The head of one of America’s renowned HBCUs illuminates the qualities of education needed for the corporate world’s diverse and dynamic C-suite
- Pacific Ocean How Can You Manage Human Capital If You’re Not Developing It First? (10.50AM - 11.10AM)
Thought Leadership Spotlight
The systems we have in place today to manage our people were built the wrong way, slowly over time, and have become unmanageable. And the AI-reliant systems flooding the marketplace today that promise to simplify our lives as HR leaders are only amplifying the core problems even more. Our core issue is that we’ve been incentivizing work-life success backward for decades, leading with the end goal of performance management and not with data and development to drive performance outcomes. To fix this mess, we must address the root cause and develop talent before managing it. We must prioritize human capital development to truly manage human capital.
- Indian Ocean Coffee Break (11.10AM - 11.35AM)
- Atlantic Ocean Rebuilding Teams Amid Recession, Resignations, and Remote Work (11:35AM - 12:20PM)
Have you been rocked by economic pressures over the past few months? Has your team been reduced and redirected? Are resignations ripping away your reliable winners and innovators? Still struggling to create engagement with remote workers? It’s time to rebuild. It’s time for teams to rebuild their cadence, for managers to rebuild their connections with team members, and individuals to rebuild their own vision for what’s next. In this interactive session, you’ll experience an exercise that managers can use to rebuild connections with individuals on their team, and then develop an alignment to team mission.
- Arctic Ocean The Significance of the Five Pillars of Belonging (11.35AM - 12.20PM)
Research shows that for organizations looking to improve the employee experience, creating conditions for belonging have an immediate and lasting effect. Employees who feel a sense of belonging are more engaged and have higher job satisfaction, better mental health, and improved productivity. In this interactive session, David Bator, managing director of Achievers Workforce Institute (AWI), will share a tactical, practical perspective on how to ensure that every employee feels Welcomed, Known, Included, Supported, and Connected.
- Indian Ocean Lunch (12.20PM - 1.10PM)
- Atlantic Ocean Tenure Myths and Productivity Gifts: Maximizing Your Reward and Recognition Investment to Ensure You and Your People Feel the Value (1:10PM - 1.55PM)
As business and HR leaders adjust to the world of hybrid work and strive to ensure that employees are connected and engaged, companies need to explore new and unique ways to reward and recognize their people. Reward and recognition play an increasingly important role in strengthening culture, highlighting positive behavior, empowering leaders to drive tangible results and attracting and retaining the best staff. George Dixon of Reward Gateway will lead an interactive workshop on how to determine whether you and your employees are getting what you want from your R&R program–and ways to maximize its overall value.
- Arctic Ocean How Organizations Fuel Their People to Meet the Demands of the Modern Workplace (1.10PM - 1.55PM)
We’ve all experienced it: reactivity pervades our daily effort to meet demands that outpace our capacity. Before long, the result can be stress, burnout, and job turnover. Yet by focusing on worker well-being from a sustainability perspective, employers can boost energy across a workforce, escaping the relentless time crunch as well as boosting resilience, inspiring our teams and engaging workers at all levels. In this session participants will learn the three principles of an energy-inspired sustainable organization and the steps to become one.
- Pacific Ocean Women on the Path to Leadership: Making It a Purposeful Journey from the Start (2:00PM - 2:20PM)
A top executive at Coca-Cola explores how she grew into her role, the value of global experiences, and how women in management can deal with the almost universal occurrence of imposter syndrome.
- Pacific Ocean Making Health and Well-Being a Core Value at Work–for Real (2:25PM - 3:05PM)
Most employers now say they support a whole-life approach to employee well-being. Yet it’s just lip service if the culture doesn’t allow workers to take PTO, sabbaticals, and other breaks without fear for their standing and career advancement. What can management do to truly embolden employees to build time and personal activities into their lives for well-being, whether it’s scheduled or spontaneous?
- Indian Ocean Coffee Break (3:05PM - 3.25PM)
- Pacific Ocean Building Culture for the Changing World of Work (3:30PM - 3:50PM)
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP SPOTLIGHT
Companies need to be flexible amid changes in the world of work–and need to understand why culture is so important. For some in the business world, culture is just something fluffy you talk about rather than a reality. That’s why the HR platform HiBob was founded. In the past seven years, HiBob has worked and interacted with businesses around the globe to have conversations with C-level executives, chief people officers, employees, and line managers in an effort to understand where the market is headed and the evolving relationship between employers and employees. One observation has become clear: We are facing a fascinating change in the way people work.
- Pacific Ocean Developing Leaders in a Thoroughly Inclusive Way (3:55PM - 4:35PM)
While corporate America has made progress in diversity, the leadership ranks need more diverse representation. What have been the obstacles to promoting the careers of marginalized workers? How can employers take stock of the culture of advancement in their organizations and establish new habits that can bring tangible change in their upper ranks?
- Pacific Ocean How One Company Makes Timeless Values Relevant in the Modern Work Environment (4:40PM - 5:00PM)
The insurance icon Aflac, nearly seven decades old, has long made strong connections between employee wellness, engagement, and diversity. The company’s chief people officer casts light on how it updates those values in an era of hybrid work, economic uncertainty, and worker restlessness.
- Pacific Ocean A Word From Our Title Sponsor (5:00PM - 5:05PM)
- Pacific Ocean Closing Remarks (5:05PM - 5:10PM)
- Indian Ocean Evening Reception (5:10PM - 5.45PM)