The Employee Experience Podcast Ep. 10How To Improve the Global Employee Experience with Margaret Heffernan – Best Selling Author & CEO
This week’s guest on The Employee Experience Podcast is Margaret Heffernan, CEO, Author and Professor of Practice at University of Bath
Dr. Margaret Heffernan produced programmes for the BBC for 13 years. She then moved to the US where she spearheaded multimedia productions for Intuit, The Learning Company and Standard&Poors. She was Chief Executive of InfoMation Corporation, ZineZone Corporation and then iCast Corporation, was named one of the “Top 25” by Streaming Media magazine and one of the “Top 100 Media Executives” by The Hollywood Reporter.
The author of six books, Margaret’s third book, Willful Blindness : Why We Ignore the Obvious at our Peril was named one of the most important business books of the decade by the Financial Times. In 2015, she was awarded the Transmission Prize for A Bigger Prize: Why Competition isn’t Everything and How We Do Better, described as “meticulously researched… engagingly written… universally relevant and hard to fault.” Her TED talks have been seen by over twelve million people and in 2015 TED published Beyond Measure: The Big Impact of Small Changes. Her most recent book, Uncharted: How to map the future was published in 2020.
Here she shares key insights into how leaders can improve the overall, global, workplace experience for employees.
She is a Professor of Practice at the University of Bath, Lead Faculty for the Forward Institute’s Responsible Leadership Programme and, through Merryck & Co., mentors CEOs and senior executives of major global organizations. She holds an honorary doctorate from the University of Bath and continues to write for the Financial Times and the Huffington Post.
About The Employee Experience Podcast
The Employee Experience Podcast, hosted by Gillian French, is the podcast series for leaders pursuing innovative ideas to engage and connect with their employees. We’ll speak to leaders about how to best connect with employees, build healthy cultures and deliver an employee experience where everyone can reach their potential.
Guests so far on Season 1 of The Employee Experience Podcast include:
– Claude Silver, Chief Heart Officer at Vayner Media, on building the best human empire
– Leslie Caputo, People Scientist at Humu, on empowering people to improve themselves
– Gary Keegan, CEO at Uppercut, on the secret to elevating performance (Part One)
– Gary Keegan, CEO at Uppercut, on the secret to elevating performance (Part Two)
– Niamh Gunn, CEO of the Dialogue Code, on creating a workplace for Humane Leadership
– Scott McInnes, Founder of Inspiring Change, on engaging people to build a great culture
– Dave Ulrich, the father of Modern HR on shaping how people and organizations deliver value
– Stan Slap, Author and CEO on the secrets to building a world-class company culture
– Ryan Jenkins, bestselling Author on how to decrease loneliness at work