Mobile Engineer (React Native)Apply
Workvivo is transforming the future of work by creating a digital experience that brings workplace culture to life. We are committed to our customers, obsessed with improving employees working lives and driven by results. We practice our core values of Commitment, Professionalism, Loyalty, Innovation and Playfulness every day.
Mobile Engineer (React Native) - Workvivo Product
We are looking for an enthusiastic, mobile Engineer with React Native experience to join the Workvivo product team. The Workvivo product team is a successful, fast paced engineering team developing high quality features. The ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and will share our passion for building great software.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop responsive, scalable and secure customer-facing features for the Workvivo mobile application using React Native.
- Architect and implement efficient, modular, performant and reusable code.
- Be customer focused with a results and performance driven attitude and a strong sense of accountability.
- Identify, implement and manage code libraries that minimise repetitive code and improve application design.
- Support and modify real-time feeds and APIs to ensure that data renders in a timely manner.
- Use code optimisation techniques to improve robustness and performance of software solutions.
- Actively participate in design discussions, code reviews and code analysis.
- Suggest best practices and standards.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment, implementing processes to improve software quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Software Quality Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers and Customer Success Managers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience with React Native on iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Proficient with Redux or MobX.
- Experience with design patterns and optimising mobile apps for performance.
- Experience delivering publicly-facing mobile products to large audiences.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and participate in feature design discussions and planning.
- Ability to design and build reusable frameworks.
- Experience with Apple App Store and Google Play Store deployments.
- Experience writing React Native tests.
- Proficient understanding of versioning tools.
- Optional: a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Optional: experience with AWS cloud services.
- Optional: a reasonable understanding of secure coding best practices, OWASP guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. This is a full-time, salaried position that can be fully remote.